Company’s Basic Information
Accelerating North America’s transition to renewable energy, SunGrid is a leader in the Battery Energy Storage Solution space. Focused on EPIC (Engineer Procure Integrate Construct) projects, SunGrid manages the complete lifecycle of Battery Energy Storage Systems. Having in-house engineering capabilities throughout North America allows SunGrid to execute projects ranging from 250kWh to 1GWh in size.
The Accounts Payable Associate will be responsible for completing payments and control expenses by receiving, processing, verifying, and reconciling invoices according to established policies and procedures in an efficient, timely and accurate manner. They will work with project staff and management to maintain up-to-date invoicing and address customer and vendor inquiries regarding payments.
Houston, Texas, United States
Duties and Responsibilities
- Process accounts payable by reviewing and verifying that all invoices and check requests match to a purchase orders and/or approval from Project Managers (3-way matching).
- Follow-up with invoices that do not comply with 3-way matching to confirm services have been rendered or goods have been received.
- Enter invoices into accounting system ensuring they are coded to the correct Projects or general ledger accounts
- Assist in reviewing and verifying expense reports and credit card statements to ensure proper documentation (receipts, taxes and GL codes, and manager approvals) is provided
- Monitor account statements to ensure all invoices are posted up to date
- Perform monthly GL account reconciliations and analysis
- Participate in month end process in accordance with deadlines
- Respond to and provides information/documents in relation to vendor inquiries.
- Support the accounting and finance team with different projects and activities
- Perform other related duties as assigned
Qualifications and Skills
- High school diploma required; Business or Accounting degree preferred
- 5 + years of experience in accounts payable and accounting operations
- Ability to confidently work and interact with all levels of personnel
- Build and maintain customer relationships
- Exposure to various accounting systems (QuickBooks, NetSuite, etc.)
- Ability to attend to detail and work in a time-conscious and time-effective manner
- Proficient in the utilization of Microsoft Office products (Excel, Word, and Outlook)