SunGrid is currently seeking an Application Engineer to join our US Business Development Team. Reporting to the Director of Business Development, this position will be responsible to provide proposal development, develop deliverables for the outside sales team, estimating and market awareness for specialized electrical construction projects in the utility, large commercial and industrial sectors. Our open concept environment and collaborative team environment is second to none.
Understanding the SunGrid value proposition of technical quality, cost effectiveness, building and maintaining client relationships, and providing guidance to a team are integral parts of this role. This position requires a person to work independently from conceptual studies to final designs certified for construction. The candidate must be able to organize workload and be a part of a team to meet agreed schedules.
- Work as part of the business development team in the execution of large energy storage design-build projects
- Generate proposals, including drafting formal responses, completing bid packages, and providing details on highly technical solutions based on customer requests
- Ability to effectively draft site layouts and single line diagrams to generate high quality engineering packages for customers
- Identify issues and problems, develop appropriate solutions, a self starter that isn’t afraid to ask questions
- Other duties as assigned
- Bachelors degree in Engineering
- Required years of experience:
- Minimum 1 year of customer interfacing experience
- Minimum 1 year of drafting/design experience
- Technical skills; AutoCAD drafting and plotting experience, Excel, Word
- Soft skills; able to interact, as part of a team, proactive and able to manage time well, able to build relationships
- Communication skills. Be fluent in the English language with excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- All candidates must currently reside within a 50-mile radius of Houston, TX and be willing to commute to the office daily.
- Sales experience a benefit
- Quoting, estimation, & budgeting experience
- Experience with MS Projects & Smartsheets
- Electrical experience with low to medium voltage systems as well as DC electrical systems
SunGrid Solutions is one of the world’s leading Battery Energy Storage & Renewable Power Solutions provider. SunGrid uses its strong execution-focused team to deliver excellent partnerships across the North American Energy Storage sector.
The company is focused on the BESS industry and brings its engineering-first delivery strategy to Turnkey and Balance of Plant EPC, and Integrated BESS enclosure systems, including its PowerPlay and SimpleOS platform. Having in-house engineering capabilities throughout North America allows SunGrid to take on projects from 250kWh to 1GWh. By focusing on strong Engineering as part of EPC and turnkey project delivery, SunGrid is a projects first company.