SunGrid Solutions Inc. is one of the world’s leading Battery Energy Storage & Renewable Power Solutions provider. The excellence we bring to our work has made SunGrid globally recognized as a value added EPC firm.
SunGrid is currently seeking a Buyer to join our Purchasing Team. Reporting to the Purchasing Manager. This position will be responsible to provide assistance in Quotation and Purchase Order Tracking, escalation of supply issues in a timely manner, updating of Purchase Orders, maintaining Procurement reports. Our open concept environment and collaborative team environment is second to none.
Understanding the SunGrid value proposition of technical quality, cost effectiveness, while using and developing tools to generate Quotation and Purchase Orders are all integral parts of this role. This position requires a person to manage open purchase orders and expediting when required.
· Work as part of the Purchasing Team in the execution of large energy storage & solar design-build projects
· Escalate supply issues in a timely manner
· Issuing Purchase Orders on Standard and Custom offerings
· Manage open purchase orders including PO confirmation, expediting, delivery tracking.
· Set up new vendors
· Resolving Invoice Issues
· Build relationships and monitor supplier performance.
· Utilize Procore, Netsuite and Microsoft software
· Working with the Project Management Team and Engineering
· Identify issues and problems, develop appropriate solutions, a self starter that isn’t afraid to ask questions
· Assist in developing Processes and Procedures
· Continuous Process Improvements
· Other duties as assigned
· Education requirements; Diploma from an accredited institution in a Supply Chain/Materials Management
· Technical skills; experience Excel, Word, Outlook
· Soft skills; able to interact, as part of a team, proactive and able to manage time well
· Communication skills; be fluent in the English language with excellent verbal and written communication skills.
· All candidates must currently reside within 100 km radius of Cambridge, ON.
· Expediting and Buying Experience
· Medium to Advanced Excel ability
· Electrical component knowledge with low to medium voltage systems
· Knowledge of procurement processes and experience with procurement systems, data, and analytics
· Required years of experience: Minimum 2-5 year of professional experience
Job Type: Full-time