Company’s Basic Information
SunGrid Solutions Inc. is one of the world’s leading Renewable Power and Battery Energy Storage Solutions provider. The excellence we bring to our work and to our workplace recognizes SunGrid as a growing value-added partner globally.
The Civil Structural Lead The Civil / Structural Design Lead will be a part of the North American engineering team and be responsible for leading a group of CAD designers to provide design and modeling of construction for renewable energy projects in the commercial, industrial, and utility sectors. The Design Lead will also participate as an individual contributor from time to time based on demand and/or capacity.
Houston, Texas, United States
Duties and Responsibilities
- Manage quality assurance of the design process and as it relates to compliance with company standards and constructability.
- Review design / construction documents at various major design milestones and work with Design Consultants to ensure quality and scope of design is consistent with requirements of all stakeholders.
- Create/update/manage standards for design / systems requirements / best practices.
- Create and review drawings incrementally throughout the development process from concept to IFC – never losing sight of project budget and timelines.
- Capture Lessons Learned in conjunction with construction and development teams and log them in monthly and final project reports.
- Responsible for creating/updating/managing library of basic components.
- Responsible for communicating expectations and monitoring team compliance with file naming conventions.
- Responsible for communicating expectations and monitoring team compliance with file revision control.
- Responsible for creating time log entries within the appropriate categories, with the minimum required detail.
- Responsible for communicating expectations and monitoring team compliance for creating time log entries within the appropriate categories with the minimum required detail.
- Use the project management tool to enter updates on tasks as assigned.
- Make recommendations for team member training.
- Provide input for performance management, including recommendations for improvement.
- Other tasks as assigned to support projects and/or changing business needs
Qualifications and Skills
- Must be able to work independently, from conceptual studies to final designs certified for construction
- Must be a certified Engineering technologist
- 5-1o years of experience is a must
- Must be able to lead small teams
- Must be organized and detailed- oriented
Must be able direct CAD designers and third-party subcontractors to meet agreed upon schedules