SunGrid is looking for an experienced Construction Manager for our upcoming BESS construction projects in North America. The Construction Manager will report to the VP of Project Execution and work hand in hand with the Project Manager, Subcontractors, and other support staff. The position will have responsibility for all project site activities, starting with the engineering and procurement phase and leading up to commercial operation and O&M.
- Lead all day-to-day construction management activities on construction projects located across the United States.
- Engage with subcontractor and various other project stakeholders as SunGrid’s primary contact person.
- Develop, maintain, and ensure consistent best practices for jobsite safety, quality, and subcontractor management.
- Provide steady and reliable communication.
- Facilitate clear communication of project requirements and expectations to ensure all project needs and internal administrative requirements are met.
- Continually analyze construction methods for value and efficiency.
- Ensure contractor adherence to HSEQ plans.
- Proactively prepare and communicate accurate project status summary or detailed reports to the management team, staff, or customers.
- Review construction requirements during the bid/proposal process and provide scope, budget, and schedule details as needed. Obtain or assist in obtaining all necessary permits.
- Provide hands-on leadership and support the delivery strategy for future projects.
- Create and foster continuous improvement between internal teams and utilizing tools and following company processes where directed.
- Operate in a professional, responsible, and collaborative manner with all project participants.
- Actively works with Project Manager and Superintendents to appropriately staff the project construction team and craft personnel and to ensure adequate resources are available to meet schedule and budgetary requirements.
Knowledge, Skills & Abilities:
- Demonstrated track record of success in renewable energy or related field.
- Strong attention to detail with a high level of integrity and organizational capacity to manage multiple projects.
- A proven ability to provide efficient, timely, and reliable service to internal and external stakeholders.
- Self-motivated with proven ability to take ownership, initiative, and accountability.
- Excellent interpersonal communication skills, both oral and written.
- Ability to manage competing priorities often across functional and operational lines.
- Ability to contribute to an amicable working environment with other associates and employees.
- Position requires frequent travel, 25 to 50% of working time, depending on the time of year.
- Bachelor of Science degree in Engineering or Construction Management is highly desirable but not required
- Minimum 5 years focused on self-perform construction management with technical emphasis on civil, structural, mechanical, and electrical principles and disciplines. Can be a combination of trade, education, and relevant work experience.
- BESS engineering or construction experience preferred.
- Advanced knowledge of safety and relevant OSHA requirements and regulations.
- Experience with managing construction sites from ground up.
- Must demonstrate a high degree of time management and organizational skills resulting in the ability to prioritize/manage multiple projects at various stages of delivery.
- Must possess strong quantitative analysis and critical thinking skills.
- Must have the ability to work effectively and efficiently under pressure and stress while maintaining a calm, professional demeanor.
- Wants to win and manage effectively on both the strategic and tactical issues — and ready to switch between the two.
- Excellent PC computer skills and familiarity with MS Office and Windows.
- Must have a “roll up your sleeves and let’s get the job done right” type attitude
SunGrid Solutions is one of the world’s leading Battery Energy Storage & Renewable Power Solutions provider. SunGrid uses its strong execution-focused team to deliver excellent partnerships across the North American Energy Storage sector.
The company is focused on the BESS industry and brings its engineering-first delivery strategy to Turnkey and Balance of Plant EPC, and Integrated BESS enclosure systems, including its PowerPlay and SimpleOS platform. Having in-house engineering capabilities throughout North America allows SunGrid to take on projects from 250kWh to 1GWh. By focusing on strong Engineering as part of EPC and turnkey project delivery, SunGrid is a projects first company.