Company’s Basic Information
SunGrid Solutions Inc. is one of the world’s leading Renewable Power and Battery Energy Storage Solutions provider. The excellence we bring to our work and to our workplace recognizes SunGrid as a growing value-added partner globally.
SunGrid is currently seeking a Contract Administrator to support our team with maintaining Battery Energy Storage installations across the US & Canada. The position will be based in Houston, Texas, and report to the Director of Proposal and Contracts.
Houston, Texas, United States
Duties and Responsibilities
As a Contract Administrator you will be accountable for leading the development of high-quality contracts. This includes ensuring corporate standards and guidelines are adhered to.
- Being Responsible for supporting of commercial and contract related aspects of assigned projects in Canada, and USA.
- Familiar with Unit Price T&M and Lump Sum contracts.
- Coordinating and facilitating negotiation activities on strategic agreements such integration, long term service agreements and engineer, procure and construct (EPC) agreements.
- Coordinating and/or leading negotiations with customers on behalf of business units for all key aspects of contracts including, but not limited to, warranties, performance guarantees, liquidated damages for non-performance, and general terms and conditions.
- Identifying and recommending the contract form to be used for assigned projects based on evaluation of related agreement structures and assessment of the risk to SunGrid.
- Accountable for the development of agreements that meet internal standards and are acceptable to external counterparties while minimally deviating from SunGrid standards.
- Resolving contractual issues that arise which includes researching potential solutions and negotiating with internal /external partners/customers.
- Ensuring the accurate implementation of cross-functional contractual requirements such as legal, Health Services and Environment (HSE), insurance, credit, tax and finance.
- Ensuring the delivery of optimal results project performance goals and metrics. This includes analysing and identification of potential issues and opportunities to provide proactive recommendations and to continuously improve standard contract documents.
- Developing contracts that are complete, structured for easy contract administration and claim avoidance, where risks are appropriately distributed.
- Accountable for final review, approval and/or recommendation of changes to our standard terms and conditions.
- Leading major project contract documentation to ensure records are well maintained in the event of contract challenges or litigation.
- Participate in the creation and improvement of contracting process such as workflow, templates, matrix, standard contracts for various project scopes.
Qualifications and Skills
- Bachelor’s degree in Engineering, Law, Business, or related field.
- MBA, PMP designation an asset
- 3+ years commercial management experience working with commercial contracts preferably supporting construction, EPC or energy organizations.
- Strong understanding of contract principles, structure, and language.
- Understanding of electric power and energy storage industry contracting standard practices.
- Exceptional project management and organizational skills to execute time sensitive deliverables.
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office (Outlook, Word, Excel, SharePoint), Skype, and PDF editing tools.
- Ability to communicate well, both verbally and written and to present information clearly and effectively.