Company’s Basic Information
SunGrid Solutions Inc. is one of the world’s leading Renewable Power and Battery Energy Storage Solutions provider. The excellence we bring to our work and to our workplace recognizes SunGrid as a growing value-added partner globally.
A Quality Inspector is responsible for ensuring that products meet company requirements and are manufactured according to specifications. Their duties include measuring objects, running tests to identify defects and comparing products against a model to ensure everything meets high standards before leaving the manufacturing line.
Midland, Texas, United States
Duties and Responsibilities
- Monitoring and ensuring that all Electrical engineering aspects of the project are carried out as per inspection plan/drawings/codes and specifications
- Perform and or evaluate tests confirming quality requirements, Electrical finishes and building components by conducting thorough site inspection for all Electrical works as per approved drawings, specifications and method statement
- Field checks placement, location and quality of Electrical finishes, building structure components
- Perform Electrical inspections and material inspections.
- Ensure compliance of Electrical works to design requirements, specifications and project plan
- Must have a flexible schedule – able to work all shifts- including 10 hour shifts when necessary
- Preparation of a daily report to the site manager and quality supervisor on the contractor’s activities
- Reporting of all problems in connection with the Electrical works to the site manager and quality supervisor
- To witness the testing of customer and engineering scheduled equipment as described in ITP or project execution equivalent documentation
- To manage and co-ordinate technical engineering testing and inspection programs
- Create project quality log books and provide daily/weekly/monthly quality test reports to HSEQ supervisor and document control group
- Strong electrical inspection background – preferred previous electrician with quality inspection experience
- Familiarity of inspection experience referencing inspection and test plans and inspection documentation records, procedures, plans, and forms
- Familiarity with standards such as: NFPA 70E, OSHA, ISO, ANSI, ASTM, ASME, NEMA
Qualifications and Skills
- Must have basic arithmetic knowledge.
- Must have good written communication skills and basic computer operator skills.
- Perform other duties as assigned by the site manager and/or Quality Supervisor
- Ability to read, interpret, and follow electrical drawings/schematics
- Familiarity of basic electrical components such as: transformers, breakers, and batteries
- Ability to work well under pressure and handle multiple tasks to achieve defined group and institutional goals.
- Strong electrical inspection experience
- Ability to read, interpret, and follow inspection documents, including inspection plans.
Experience on construction sites of power plants