About the job
SunGrid Solutions Inc. is one of the world’s leading Renewable Power and Battery Energy Storage Solutions provider. The excellence we bring to our work and to our workplace recognizes SunGrid as a growing value added partner globally.
The Engineering Consulting Entrepreneur will help shape the SunGrid Engineering Consulting company as a Champion and Leader who Owns the Vision and Value Creation within an exponentially growing industry. This position will be responsible for providing leadership with customer centric delivery model based on strong electrical design for Battery Energy Storage and Renewable Power construction projects in the large commercial & industrial, and utility sectors.
Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Create a Vision of how SunGrid Engineering Consulting can help “Turn Projects On”
- Own the Vision with minimal oversight and guidance
- Be ready to take feedback to the next level as the company continuously shapes “The SunGrid Way”
- Recognize Ownership of a P&L statement that will grow from $4Million to $40Million within the next 5 years
- Lead a Value Creation team that focuses on Deliverables aligning against Customer Expectations both as “Getter – Doer” and as a part of vital Team Player
- Support the team and see the opportunities in creating Data Driven Metrics that scale for:
- New electrical drawings and revise existing drawings of basic components.
- Create complex two-dimensional electrical component drawings and electrical schematics, wiring diagrams and harnesses.
- Create advanced two-dimensional electrical assembly and installation drawings from models.
- Responsible for setting and complying with existing company and client drafting standards and procedures.
- Responsible for documenting and controlling drawing revision history, both on drawings, and on the network and/or cloud repository.
- Responsible for accuracy of written content, and for consistency of naming conventions used throughout drawing packages.
- Participate in drafting design and documentation for various projects as assigned.
- Take initiative to research solutions and/or make recommendations on obstacles and/or roadblocks.
- Responsible for communicating ideas verbally and in writing, which includes drawing markups and/or illustrations to communicate concepts quickly during video conference calls.
- Expected to participate in skills/tools training, either individually or in a group setting
A history of consulting engineering is critical to understanding the customer needs and recognizing the right level of guidance that must be provided by the engineering team. Collectively following the basis of design and managing ongoing expectations between Global Strategic Sourcing, Solutions Leadership, Construction and Integration. This role will appear to those that are stuck being Mid Level Project leaders within Consulting Engineering firms, who want to Own and Build more!
The candidate must be able to lead a team in prioritizing and organizing their own workload to meet agreed upon schedules. Focus on Growing the services that can be provided by the SunGrid Engineering Consulting company.