SunGrid Solutions is looking for an Equipment Operator to support our Construction Services division. The Equipment Operator would work under the supervision of the Site Supervisor and would be responsible for site civil works and some general laborer responsibilities. The Equipment Operator must be experienced and competent to operate mini excavators (up to 10 tons) and skids steers. The Equipment Operator would also be responsible for ensuring proper maintenance and upkeep of equipment.
- This position has the potential to lead to an Electrical Apprenticeship, if desired
- Digging trenches, cutting concrete and pavement.
- Operating hand and power tools and equipment and supporting the electrical crew, as needed.
- General site preparation and clean-up as directed.
- Other duties as required
Knowledge, Skills & Abilities:
- Previous experience operating a Mini-Excavator and Skid-Steer to dig trenches and grade land
- Ability to read locates
- Valid G Driver’s License, with clean driver’s abstract a must
- Ability to work outdoors, year-round, in various weather conditions.
- Good verbal and written communication skills.
- Must be able to work well as part of the team.
- Must be able to safely lift 23 kg (50 lbs.).
- Ability to drive passenger truck with equipment and trailer attached.
- Wiling to travel with-in Alberta
- High school diploma
- Demonstrated equipment proficiency