About SunGrid Solutions
SunGrid Solutions is focused on creating better energy for tomorrow. Our projects scale from 100kW to 200MW within the Energy Storage & Generation Space. SunGrid excels at building EPIC Projects, focused on trust, empowerment, risk taking, continuous improvement, and customer satisfaction. We help our customers navigate the Behind the Meter and In Front of the Meter Energy Storage Industry. Join the Energy Revolution.
About the Job
SunGrid is seeking a knowledgeable individual to join our growing team, offering market competitive wages. The Junior Field Technician will be responsible for servicing our Battery Energy Storage Solutions across the Los Angeles area. Servicing includes, but is not limited to, corrective maintenance, preventative maintenance, continuous improvement suggestions and observations, and technical support. This position will be based out of the local office with regular travel expected within the State. They will be reporting to the Director of Operations and Maintenance.
· Conduct safety assessments and identify all safety hazards on the job site, properly and complete a Job Safety Analysis
· Review project drawings and manuals to be confident and familiar with all project sites
· Document issues and reporting them in a timely manner to appropriate person
· Provide technical support to customers both on-site and remotely as needed.
· Occasionally provide after-hours on-site and remote technical support to customers on a rotating basis
· Generate professional and comprehensive service-specific reports
· Engage and participate in the company’s continuous improvement process including training and workshops
· Build and maintain rapport within the community and company
· Responsible to assist in performing Preventative Maintenance for systems under SunGrid contract and as directed by management.
· Inspect and Maintain BESS assets as per manufacturer, NETA and IEEE Standards
· Support the installation and commissioning of BES Systems
· High school diploma or equivalent education
· 2-4 years of post secondary education, preferably, in the renewable industry, solar or wind industry, electrical, or construction
Skills and Abilities
· Proficient with MS Suite, including Word, Excel, Teams, and SharePoint
· Strong skills using technology (Computer, Tablet, Cellphone)
· Capable of building effective, professional relationships external and internal
· Strong interpersonal skills
· Possess a strong work ethic, self-starter, and work with little supervision
· Able to complete assigned tasks in a timely and professional manner
· Thrive in a fast-paced environment
· Excellent organizational, communication, and time management skills
· Able to work under pressure to meet deadlines
· Demonstrates safe work practices
· Able to work in a team environment between teams across the company in the US and Canada
· Basic understanding of construction, electrical and renewable industry (preferred)
· Aligns with SunGrid values while maintaining a safety-first thought process
· 1+ years work experience in the utility service industry or related field
· Experience working in solar, battery, or wind energy.
· Up to 75% overnight travel, dependant on customer location
· Valid drivers’ licence with the ability to operate a company vehicle
· Wear personal protective equipment in a variety of settings
· Working with high voltages and currents