SunGrid is seeking a Quality and Commissioning Technician who will execute SunGrid’s quality and
commissioning program. This position will report within the company’s quality and commissioning
department but will also serve a key role supporting the company’s EPC team.
• Ability to identify and communicate problematic issues through Quality and Commissioning
• Perform mechanical inspections throughout all phases of construction to ensure quality
• Record and document inspection results and compare to expected results.
• Perform both initial and verification QA inspections on work performed by construction
• Detect and record quality failures so that defects may be corrected.
• Complete daily inspections by uploading reports and photos within Construction
Management System software.
• Ensure racking, inverter, and site equipment meet company standards, per drawings and
• Assist in preparing quality reports by collecting, analyzing, and summarizing data.
• Travel to project sites to oversee construction, advise customers, and occasionally assist with
service of product.
• Troubleshoot and diagnose system issues, damage, and safety risks.
• Assist in training entry level positions.
• Assist team members as needed with all Quality and Commissioning tasks.
• Continuous learning and development with on-the-job and classroom training
• High School Diploma/GED.
• Verifiable quality assurance and/or construction experience with BESS Projects.
• Current and valid driver’s license required.
• Problem-solving skills.
• Strong work ethic and desire to work in a team environment.
• Must have the ability to travel, work on-call during off shift hours and weekends.
• Experience working with a cloud-based construction management system (i.e., Procore, Office
365, Oracle Primavera Cloud, etc.).
• Knowledge of project plans, specifications, and drawings.
• Knowledge of construction principles/practices required.
• Demonstrated track record of job-site safety excellence.
• Intermediate medium voltage fundamentals, utility, overhead and pole equipment.
• Basic knowledge of construction, structural, electrical single-line and three-line drawings.
• Ability to read and understand manufacturing equipment standards.
• Clear understanding of OSHA safe workplace practices and procedures.
• High School Diploma/GED.
• Associates degree in related field and/or equivalent education.
• Experience in Solar Industry.
• Construction experience with transmissions scale.
• Subcontractor and vendor management.
• NABCEP PV Associate Certification.
• NFPA 70e.
• OSHA 30.
Work Environment/Physical Demand
• 100% travel to assigned project(s).
• This role requires flexibility in traveling to multiple states.
• Ability to receive and execute tasks delegated by a more senior technician, all while being able
to recognize potential safety concerns, and maintaining a good attitud
SunGrid Solutions is one of the world’s leading Battery Energy Storage & Renewable Power Solutions provider. SunGrid uses its strong execution-focused team to deliver excellent partnerships across the North American Energy Storage sector.
The company is focused on the BESS industry and brings its engineering-first delivery strategy to Turnkey and Balance of Plant EPC, and Integrated BESS enclosure systems, including its PowerPlay and SimpleOS platform. Having in-house engineering capabilities throughout North America allows SunGrid to take on projects from 250kWh to 1GWh. By focusing on strong Engineering as part of EPC and turnkey project delivery, SunGrid is a projects first company.