Company’s Basic Information
SunGrid Solutions Inc. is one of the world’s leading Renewable Power and Battery Energy Storage Solutions provider. The excellence we bring to our work and to our workplace recognizes SunGrid as a growing value-added partner globally.
SunGrid is seeking an experienced Project Manager for our BESS (Battery Energy Storage Systems) Projects in North America. The Project Manager will work hand in hand with the construction management, subcontractors, procurement, engineer, and other support staff. The position will provide overall leadership in safety, project quality, timing, and mentorship to the project team.
- Houston, Texas, United States
- Cambridge, Ontario, Canada
- Calgary, Alberta, Canada
- Lead all day-to-day project management activities on BESS projects located across the United States & Canada
- Manage the financial health of projects. Develop and maintain project financial projections, identify cost codes, and ensure timely billing and contract management.
- Mentor and Lead Jr. Project Manager (s) and Project Coordinator (s)
- Engage with subcontractors and various other project stakeholders as Sun Grid’s primary contact person
- Develop, support, and ensure consistent best practices for safety, quality, and subcontractor management
- Supply a steady and reliable communication
- Facilitate clear communication of project requirements and expectations to ensure all project needs and internal administrative requirements are met
- Continually analyze various execution strategies and methods for value and efficiency
- Ensure adherence to all HSEQ requirements and plans
- Proactively prepare and communicate correct project status summaries or detailed reports to the management team, staff, and customers
- Review project requirements during the bid/proposal process and provide scope, budget, and schedule details as needed. Obtain or help in obtaining all necessary permits.
- Provide hands-on leadership and support the delivery strategy for future projects
- Create and foster continuous improvement between internal teams and utilizing tools and following company processes as directed
- Operate in a professional, responsible, and collaborative manner with all project stakeholders
- Actively work with and advise management of staffing needs for the project
- Ensure adequate resources are available to meet project commitments
- Demonstrated history of success in renewable energy or related field
- Strong attention to detail with a high level of integrity and organizational capacity to manage multiple projects
- A proven ability to provide efficient, timely, and reliable service to internal and external stakeholders
- Self-motivated with proven ability to take ownership, initiative, and accountability
- Excellent interpersonal communication skills, both oral and written
- Ability to manage competing priorities often across functional and operational lines
- Ability to contribute to an amicable working environment with other associates and employees
- Must always have a positive professional attitude and strong customer service skills.
- Must demonstrate a high degree of time management and organizational skills resulting in the ability to prioritize/manage multiple complex projects at various delivery stages.
- Excellent PC skills and familiarity with Microsoft Office, Project, and Procore at an intermediate level
- Must have a “roll up your sleeves and let’s get the job done right” attitude.
Education and Experience:
- Minimum 7 years of previous related experience; technical emphasis on electrical, mechanical, civil, and structural principles and disciplines desired. It can be a combination of trade, education, and relevant work experience
- Bachelor of Science degree in Engineering, Construction Management, or equivalent experience.
- Solar Photovoltaic (PV) and BESS experience preferred
- Construction experience one year preferred
- Advanced knowledge of safety and construction law and generally accepted business practices.