Company’s Basic Information
SunGrid Solutions Inc. is one of the world’s leading Renewable Power and Battery Energy Storage Solutions provider. The excellence we bring to our work and to our workplace recognizes SunGrid as a growing value-added partner globally.
The Senior Engineer will be responsible for leading end to end engineering activities for battery energy storage projects of various sizes, in many industries, including but not limited to, renewables, utility, industrial and commercial.
- Cambridge, Ontario, Canada
- Lead the tasks of scoping work, preparing drawings, specifications, and datasheets.
- Participate in estimating activities, client presentations as required, make go/no-go recommendations
- Work as part of the project team in execution of commercial and utility scale solar and energy storage design-build projects.
- Familiar with design and operation of power systems ranging from 480V to 35kV distribution and transmission systems.
- Ability to interpret client specifications, and preparation of engineering reports,
- Always connecting deliverables back to estimates, identifying out of scope circumstances.
- Oversee production of detailed specifications and datasheets, coordination with supplier engineers, timely turnaround of drawings and communication, supporting procurement timelines.
- Identify issues and problems, develop appropriate solutions, manage conflict, ask for assistance when required.
- Must be able to attend commercial and industrial sites and observe all applicable safety regulations.
- Provide timely support to procurement, construction, and O&M teams.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Able to work under pressure and meet tight deadlines.
- Knowledge of one-line drawings, elementary and wiring diagrams, equipment specifications (including transformers, MCC, switchgear, substation equipment), power plans, conduit plans, cable schedules, system studies and protective relay settings.
- Experience with substation design is considered an asset
- Knowledge, interpretation, and application of National Electrical Code and other applicable codes.
- Proven history of working on complex one-line control schematics, schematics for protective relays (including microprocessor relays), alarms, auxiliary power, SCADA and metering circuits, etc.
- Must have the ability to prioritize tasks in support of project requirements
- Clear and concise writing and excellent verbal communications skills
Education and Experience:
- B.S in Electrical Engineering or higher degree considered an asset
- 10-15 years’ experience is required