We are currently seeking a Site Superintendent to join our Project Execution Team. This role will be assigned to specific project sites and may also be required to support multiple sites; travel is required. This position will be responsible for overseeing, monitoring, and running the daily activities and operations on construction sites including ensuring strict compliance with all laws, regulations, policies, procedures, and guidelines. The Site Superintendent will consult and collaborate with project managers, engineers, subcontractors, and other project personnel while ensuring that projects are completed on time and within budget as required and specified and must have the ability to work efficiently and effectively under pressure. In addition, the candidate will be required to interface with company, client, and contractor/vendor personnel.
- Supervise, plan, coordinate and monitor performance and progress of site construction activities
- Implement and enforcing safety and quality guidelines; perform safety briefings
- Coordinate materials and equipment delivery with vendors and suppliers and keep accurate track of material stocks and consumption on site
- Manage a team of workers, including work schedules, and resource allocation
- Make recommendations on personnel needs and/or subcontractors in order to ensure work is completed in accordance with the project schedule
- Quality control, subcontractor, and inspection coordination
- Provide updates to project plans, schedules, and progress reports, which include contractor’s and sub-contractor’s activities, while maintaining a daily log of site operations with daily progress photos
- Monitor project cost trends and ensure completion within budget
- Manage and coordinate on-site visits
- Ensure that teams on site work safely and cooperatively with the sole aim of completing a project while adhering strictly to all HSE requirements, deadlines, specifications, and codes
- Ensuring that the construction site remains safe, clean, and orderly
Qualifications, Skills, Experience, Personal Attributes.
- The preferred candidate should hold a fully accredited, university degree in engineering, construction management, or other related field and a minimum of 10 years of directly related experience; experience in lieu of a degree will be considered. Civil and Electrical background preferred.
- Good computer skills required in Microsoft Office with knowledge of planning software such as MS Project.
- The candidate must have a strong understanding of HSE processes, project planning & scheduling, risk management and change management processes.
- It is also essential to the role that the candidate have strong leadership skills and excellent time management skills.
- Personal attributes and behaviors essential for this role include being a self-starter, highly motivated, adaptable, proactive approach to problem solving, critical thinker, capable of working with minimal supervision, excellent communication skills with the ability to communicate effectively at all levels (written and verbal), follow-up, approachable, and a team player.
SunGrid Solutions is one of the world’s leading Battery Energy Storage & Renewable Power Solutions provider. SunGrid uses its strong execution-focused team to deliver excellent partnerships across the North American Energy Storage sector.
The company is focused on the BESS industry and brings its engineering-first delivery strategy to Turnkey and Balance of Plant EPC, and Integrated BESS enclosure systems, including its PowerPlay and SimpleOS platform. Having in-house engineering capabilities throughout North America allows SunGrid to take on projects from 250kWh to 1GWh. By focusing on strong Engineering as part of EPC and turnkey project delivery, SunGrid is a projects first company.