The VP Construction is responsible for the managerial leadership and direction of Construction strategic business initiatives, and client strategy. The role will lead the department based on SunGrid’s core values.
What You’ll Do
- Execution of overall Construction strategic business initiatives to achieve goals and objectives.
- Provide leadership to the Construction team; build, direct and coordinate the Department ensuring efficient and cost-effective utilization of staff and sub-contractors
- Manage Construction business development efforts.
- Oversee the development of department tools and workflows to increase efficiency for Department.
- Direct oversight and management of Construction budget and expenditure of funds.
- Achieve stated targets and standards for Construction utilization & billability performance.
- Present monthly information to leadership including cost, utilization/billability & labor forecasts.
- Attend customer meetings & tradeshows as required
- Responsible for ensuring alignment and support of company staff development, quality control and resource coordination.
- Recruits, hires, develops, and retains outstanding employees.
- Responsible for conducting performance evaluation for selected department or direct reports.
- Responsible for interpreting policies, purposes, and goals of the organization to Department Managers.
- Ensure compliance with company and site safety policies.
- All other duties as assigned.
What You’ll Need To Succeed (requirements)
- 10+ years Project Management experience
- Employee management experience required
- 7+ years Construction PM experience
- Experience in managing BESS or Utility construction projects, which includes proposal development, contract negotiations, permitting, project planning, budgeting, schedule management, and client coordination.
- Experience working on Substation construction projects
- Facilitation, collaboration, organization, and problem-solving skills.
- Demonstrated success as to budget, savings and/or profit margins in completed projects.
- Ability to influence, lead and manage thoughtfully and positively.
- Excellent planning and analytical skills.
- Must demonstrate excellent oral and written communication skills; strong interpersonal skills; and the ability to clearly and effectively present complex information to all levels of employees, management, and clients.
- Willing to travel up to 10%
SunGrid Solutions is one of the world’s leading Battery Energy Storage & Renewable Power Solutions provider. SunGrid uses its strong execution-focused team to deliver excellent partnerships across the North American Energy Storage sector.
The company is focused on the BESS industry and brings its engineering-first delivery strategy to Turnkey and Balance of Plant EPC, and Integrated BESS enclosure systems, including its PowerPlay and SimpleOS platform. Having in-house engineering capabilities throughout North America allows SunGrid to take on projects from 250kWh to 1GWh. By focusing on strong Engineering as part of EPC and turnkey project delivery, SunGrid is a projects first company.